https://gradesmine.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/LOG-300x75.png 0 0 admin https://gradesmine.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/LOG-300x75.png admin2022-05-20 21:22:482022-05-20 21:22:485 historical identifications and a small essay
5 historical identifications and a small essay
Part I. Historical Identifications (50 per cent total; each ID will be worth 10): You must choose and answer five of the following ID’s. Remember to list the who, what, when, where, and especially provide the historical significance/importance.
- Black Codes
- Andrew Carnegie
- Social Darwinism
- Ida B. Wells
- Organized Labor
- Great Railroad Strike of 1877
- Worldsâ€™ Colombian Exposition (Chicago Worldsâ€™ Fair)
- The Spanish-American War
- Haymarket Protest
- Women’s Activism
Part II. Essay (50 points total; each essay will be worth 25): Please answer two of the following essays (make
sure you answer the question fully and provide details and examples from the lectures and text to
support your answers):
- Describe and explain how industries (especially rail, steel, oil) were transformed and corporations (big business) developed during the â€œGilded Ageâ€.
- Discuss and analyze how competition and conflict over land and resources unfolded in the West during the latter decades of the 19th century.
- Identify the factors that led to rapid industrialization and urbanization during the late 19th century. Discuss also how the city landscape changed and how culture (amusements) and city government functioned during this period.
- What is Progressivism? Discuss how grassroots progressivism arose in the 1890â€™s and explain how both state and national politics adopted this movement of reform.