A rhetorical analysis requires anoverall evaluation of the source being analyzed. Since you will be writing a rhetorical analysis of your chosen TED Talk, you will need toevaluatethe speakerâ€™s overall performance. In this journal entry, you will evaluate how well the speaker performed in your chosen TED Talk in at least one paragraph (approximately 5-7 sentences)
This assignment will give you the opportunity to get feedback on your evaluation of the speakerâ€™s performance in your chosen TED Talk before you include it in your rhetorical analysis.
- watch your chosen TED Talk
- In one paragraph, evaluate the speakerâ€™s overall performance
- How well did the speaker engage with the audience?
- What question would you ask the speaker?
- Give one piece of constructive advice on how the speaker could improve.
- Submit your journal entry for grading
Criteria for Success
- The journal entry must be a minimum of one paragraph (approximately five to seven sentences)
- The journal entry must be based on a video from the TED Talk archive
- The journal entry must:
- Address how well did the speaker engage with the audience?
- Address any questions you would ask the speaker?
- Give one piece of constructive advice on how the speaker could improve
- The essay should effectively employ Standard American English (free of grammar errors)
here is the ted talk video I choose