article critique 130
In airports and mass transit systems around the world, nations are now using new technologies to study the behavior of traveling passengers. Security personnel typically review cameras and monitor the behavior patterns of people to include body language, facial expressions, and erratic behavior. Several software applications and advanced biometric applications are currently being field tested or used in various environments. Some of this technology can detect heart rate, breathing, eye movement, body temperature, etc.
Utilizing the CSU Online Library, search for and select a resource such as an article, white paper, or research study that discusses new or emerging behavioral profiling technology or technology used to collect physiological data as a homeland security measure. The resource you choose for this article critique must come from the CSU Online Library. Ensure the resource is no more than 5 years old.
- Provide a synopsis of the resource, and identify the purpose of the technology.
- What aspects of behavioral profiling technology are discussed?
- Is the technology experimental or mainstream?
- Explain the application of the technology as a tool in homeland security efforts.
- What is the expected return on investment (ROI) of the technology?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the technology?
- Does the author support profiling travelers? Do you agree or disagree with the authorâ€™s opinion?
- What recommendations would you offer to enhance or replace the technology to increase ROI and effectiveness?
Your article critique must be at least two pages in length, not counting the title and references pages. It should present an insightful and thorough analysis and be supported with strong evidence.
In addition to the source you choose for the article critique, you must use at least two additional sources in your analysis. All sources used must be properly cited. Your article critique, including all references, must be formatted in APA style.