Civil Rights Research
Research Paper: State and Federal Acts
You will submit a topic selection and sources to be used for the research project.
Select a federal or state legislation related to fair employment practices from the following topic selections:
Use library resources to research the following:
A. From the research information obtained:
B. Content Incorporation. Make every attempt to demonstrate higher order thinking skills within your paper. Simple paraphrasing [knowledge and comprehension] does not elevate your work to college level. Look at the analysis, synthesis and evaluation descriptions provided below. Comfortably attempt to incorporate these concepts into your work.
1. *Knowledge – Factual information with proper citing should be provided in order to address your topic and add credibility to your work. [List, define, tell, describe, identify, show, label, collect, examine, tabulate, quote, name, who, when, where, etc.]
2. *Comprehension – Summarize and interpret, compare, contrast the information that you have researched to assist the reader with the key items you want to emphasize in your work. [Summarize, describe, interpret, contrast, predict, associate, distinguish, estimate, differentiate, discuss]
3. *Application – Use the information you have collected to address concepts, and theories on how this can be applied to new situations and/or solve problems. [Apply, demonstrate, illustrate, show, relate, solve, examine]
4. *Analysis – Organize your paper in proper parts. You should introduce the topic, provide a body of content that meets the project requirement, and include a closing summary or statement. Support all concepts with credible information. [Analyze, separate, connect, arrange, divide, compare, infer, and order].
5. *Synthesis/Evaluation – Draw conclusions from the knowledge gained. Relate knowledge from several areas. Use what is given to create new ideas. [Combine, integrate, rearrange, design, invent, plan, create]
C. Include a reference page with your report noting sources used.
D. Appropriately use in-text citations throughout your work. All work quoted, paraphrased, and thoughts borrowed must be cited within the text
E. Be mindful of the due date for this project. Late projects will not be accepted for credit.