Computer architecture is the combination of software and hardware that is organized in such a fashion as to deliver the machineâ€™s intended performance characteristics. Therefore, it is important for you to understand the basics.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe Von Neumann architecture and explain why it is important.
- Explain what a system bus is and why it is needed.
- Summarize the use of Boolean operators in computer-based calculations.
- Categorize the various types of memory and storage.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Illustrate the use of information and communication technologies to solve problems as an information technology professional.
- Explain how organizational context is influenced by the development and deployment of information technology systems.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about introductory information technology topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.