Summary: For this assignment, you will analyze a Supreme Court case dealing with civil liberties. In 2-3 page paper format, you will answer the following questions:
- Which amendment from the Bill of Rights does this case relate to and why? (It might be
more than one amendment)
- What factors led up to the case?
- The result of the case? What did the Supreme Court decide in this case?
- What effect does this case have on society?
- Do you agree with this decision? Why or why not? Do you believe society has been
positively or negatively impacted by the Courtâ€™s ruling?
- Has this case personally affected your rights?
- What could have been some alternatives to this decision?
The evaluation of this paper will occur in two parts: one, with the AACU Rubric and data collection tool.
Two, for grading purposes, with the following checklist:
1. __________ (20 points) Paper includes minimum of 5 paragraphs
2. __________ (20 points) Case and Ruling along with background are clearly defined
3. __________ (20 points) Impact of Court Decision on Society Presented With Three Separate Points
4. __________ (20 points) Statement of Personal Impact Included and Discussed
5. __________ (20 points) Minimum of Two Alternate Decisions Provided as a Summative Conclusion