Essay/Checklist 1: Writing to Share Experience
Write a narrative in which you tell about an experience that affected you in a positive way. Write your narrative for a general audience that would include your classmates. Write in the first person (I, me, we, us), and tell the story from your viewpoint. All essays should be in MLA format and contain the checklist memo for Essay 1. Your essay should be between 500-750 words.
All essays will be submitted to Turnitin.com. DISCLAIMER: Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
Here is the checklist for your first essay. All questions should be answered in complete sentences and should be attached as the first page of your paper:
Writerâ€™s Checklist for Writing a Narrative:
- Is my title and introduction enticing?
- Is my thesis effective?
- Have I included enough details so the reader can visualize my experience?
- Are the events presented in a logical sequence?
- Have I used transitions to help the sequence of events flow smoothly?
- Have I used dialogue (if appropriate)?
- Have I used a consistent point of view and verb tense?
- Is the point of my narrative evident?
- Have I ended the story satisfactorily?
- Have I proofread thoroughly?
Attached are a sample template and the grading rubric for this essay.
DISCLAIMER: Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
The Final Draft of Essay 1 is due by 11:55pm, ET, Sunday of Week 2.
- SampleEssay1Sakai.doc (30 KB)
- ENGL101 Essay RubricSakai.doc (36 KB)