Global Warming: Cause and Mitigation
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
1. Compare and contrast natural versus anthropogenic climate changes. Include specific examples
2. Take a position as to whether or not global warming is taking place. Provide three (3) lines of
evidence to support your position.
3. Assess two (2) current mitigation strategies for global warming, such as carbon sequestration,
carbon taxing, clean coal technology, higher fuel efficiency standards, and so on. Include a
discussion on the effectiveness of this mitigation strategy, as well as its potential costs and policy
4. Speculate what policy changes you would propose to help stabilize global climate and which
business sectors or nations would be held to more strict standards if you implement your
5. Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites
do not qualify as quality resources. The body of the paper must have in-text citations that
correspond to the references. Integrate all sources into your paper using proper techniques of
quoting, paraphrasing and summarizing, along with proper use of in-text citations to credit your
Your report must follow these formatting requirements:
ï‚· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
ï‚· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.