- How can sound science and the scientific method be used to help evaluate and solve an environmental issue?
- Give 1 specific example.
- How do people who are not scientists evaluate the claims and different positions taken in debates about environmental issues?
- Give 1 example.
- How might the term sound science be misused or misunderstood?
- Give 1 example, and explain.
Read the following 2 articles in the Web Resources about the debate about global warming:
- Global Warming Pro: U.S. Global Change Research Program: Global Climate Change Impacts in the United States.
- Global Warming Con: Heartland Institute: Climate Change Reconsidered: 2011 Interim Report.
Do you think that global warming is a credible threat or not? Explain your position based on what you read in the 2 summary articles.