Maggie Mane is the CIO of a multinational corporation that includes business lines as diverse as canned food and custom furniture makers. She provides leadership to the IT staff of this organization, and she was recently the victim of social engineering. Maggie considers herself a shrewd and informed user of technology, so she was surprised to find herself the victim of a phishing attack designed to draw her to a Web site, where malware was loaded onto her mobile device. This experience has raised her level of interest in the threat of social engineering and in her corporation’s level of vulnerability. The organization is made up of a dozen small, locally managed networks that come together to provide integrated data to the corporate network through file sharing and batch transmissions of data. She approaches her network manager who views her concerns as overreaction. He is more interested in having her focus on quality of service resources, which he perceives as more useful to improving his work.
Use the study materials and engage in any additional research needed to fill in knowledge gaps. Write a 2Ã¢â‚¬â€œ3-page paper that covers the following topics:
- Examine the effect of social engineering on network security.
- Analyze the potential areas of vulnerability to social engineering within an international organization.
- Evaluate the controls that are available to mitigate the impact of social engineering within an international organization.
- Explore the concept of quality of service in the context of creating an effective security architecture within an international organization.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length of paper: 2Ã¢â‚¬â€œ3 pages, excluding the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.