https://gradesmine.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/LOG-300x75.png 0 0 admin https://gradesmine.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/LOG-300x75.png admin2022-05-20 21:44:262022-05-20 21:44:26human development 33
human development 33
Respond to fifteen of the following learning objectives:
- Describe the aspects of brain development that impact â€œinfantileâ€ amnesia. Following, explain why infantile amnesia can cast doubt on Freudâ€™s theory of repressed memories.
- Specify the main changes in gross and fine motor abilities during early childhood. How does this change in motor skills influence the behaviors of children?
- What could be the reason why humans develop handedness? Additionally, What are some relationships between cognitive, intellectual, and artistic development and handedness? Finally, what are some differences in the acceptance of handedness across cultures?
- Explain the features of Piagetâ€™s preoperational stage of cognitive development. Next, describe the criticism of Piagetâ€™s preoperational stage of cognitive development.
- Explain what â€œtheory of mindâ€ is and the evidence for how it develops during early childhood. Additionally, discuss how is theory of mind related to autism?
- Explain the advances in vocabulary and grammar that occur in early childhood.
- Specify how children learn pragmatics in early childhood, and identify how these social rules are culturally based.
- Discuss how effortful control plays a role in childhood strategies of emotional regulation. Next, describe how effortful control impacts internalizing and externalizing problems.
- Describe socialization and how socialization can differ by gender and ethnicity/race in America.
- Define gender schema theory and explain how gender schemas are upheld in societies.
- Describe Banduraâ€™s Social Learning Theory (SLT) and the experiments he used to test SLT.
- Describe moral development in early childhood, including empathy, modeling, and morality as cultural learning. Next, identify the three ways that children can learn a cultureâ€™s morals.
- Describe Eriksonâ€™s second stage of development and give an example of how it occurs during early childhood.
- Specify the four types of parenting â€œstylesâ€ that Baumrind theorized and the typical outcomes that are related to each.
- Describe some evidence that parenting is reciprocal or bidirectional.
- Identify the cultural limitations of Baumrindâ€™s model of parenting styles, both within and outside of America, and describe some specific cultural values of certain groups that influences the types of parenting they implement.
- Why might shame and withdrawal of love have different consequences in Japan versus America? Why might corporal punishment have different consequences in African Americans vesus white Americans?
- Describe the different types of child maltreatment and provide an example of each.
- Explain the meanings of Meadâ€™s social stages from infancy through early childhood.
- Identify the most common features of sibling relationships worldwide, and describe how children with no siblings differ from other children.