The assignment covers the following topics:
- Rationale for choosing the company for which to invest
- Ratio analysis
- Stock price analysis
Write a ten to fifteen (10-15) page paper in which you:
- Provide a rationale for the U.S. publicly traded company that you selected, indicating the significant factors driving your decision as a financial manager.
- Determine the profile of the investor for which this company may be a fit, relative to that potential investorâ€™s investment strategy. Provide support for your rationale.
- Select any five (5) financial ratios that you have learned about in the text. Analyze the past three (3) years of the companyâ€™s financial data, which you may obtain from the companyâ€™s financial statements. Determine the companyâ€™s financial health. (Note: Suggested ratios include, but are not limited to, current ratio, quick ratio, earnings per share, and price earnings ratio.)
- Based on your financial review, determine the risk level of the company from your investorâ€™s point of view. Indicate key strategies that you may use in order to minimize these perceived risks.
- Provide your recommendations of this stock as an investment opportunity. Support your rationale with resources, such as peer-reviewed articles or material from the Strayer Library.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Critique financial management strategies that support business operations in various market environments.
- Analyze financial statements for key ratios, cash flow positions, and taxation effects.
- Review fixed income strategies using time value of money concept, bond valuation methods, and interest rate calculations.
- Estimate the risk and return on financial investments.
- Apply financial management options to corporate finance.
- Determine the cost of capital and how to maximize returns.
- Formulate cash flow analysis for capital projects including project risks and returns.
- Evaluate how corporate valuation and forecasting affect financial management.
- Analyze how capital structure decision-making practices impact financial management.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in financial management.
- Write clearly and concisely about financial management using proper writing mechanics.