The final paper will demonstrate the studentsâ€™ ability to assimilate, synthesize, and apply the concepts of management information systems; specifically how information systems transform business; how information systems help to solve business problems; how information systems support major business functions, and how information systems affect business careers.
Focus of the Final Paper
Your final paper should demonstrate understanding of information systems and how they contribute to forming competitive advantage in business. Prepare a 4-6 page paper that addresses the following questions in narrative form (APA form and style). Be sure to provide examples and supporting rationale throughout the paper.
- How are information systems transforming business and what is their relationship to globalization?
- Why are information systems so essential for running and managing a business today?
- What exactly is an information system? How does it work? What are its people, organization, and technology components?
- How will a four-step method for business problem solving help you solve information system-relations problems?
- Identify and describe the major features of a business that are important for understanding the role of information systems.
- Describe the information systems supporting the major business functions: sales and marketing, manufacturing and production, finance and accounting, and human resources.
- How will information systems affect business careers and what information systems skills and knowledge are essential?
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be four to six double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Title of paper
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.