Refer to the â€œICD 10 -PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reportingâ€ and go to the â€œMedical and Surgical Section Guidelinesâ€. All of these guidelines begin with a â€œBâ€. From the â€œBâ€ guidelines choose two guidelines and do the following for each guideline you chose:
- Read the guideline to yourself and read about it in your textbook if that guideline is there. If itâ€™s not found in your textbook, Google the guideline to understand it further.
- Re write the guideline in your own words that make sense to you and as you would write it to instruct your classmates.
- You can do this in either a written format or a power point format.
- Give an example of a code based on the guideline and give the code description.
- Organize your information so that it is reader friendly, organized, and makes the information clear. (Example: Use bullets or separate your information with â€œwhite spaceâ€ and donâ€™t use sentences run together in one paragraph.)
Respond to one or more classmates and let them know if you found their presentation helpful to you in better understanding the two guidelines they chose. If so, why? If not, then why not?
Due dates for your initial and response posts can be found by checking the Course Syllabus and Course Calendar.