You want to be part of the Green Revolution and are looking to find ways to reduce your energy use. But first, you must know what your energy use is.
- Make and save a chart in a Microsoft Word or Excel file to keep track of your energy use for 2 days this week. Include the following:
- What types of energy/fuel did you use (including any alternative sources of energy)
- What was the purpose of the energy/fuel use (heating/cooling, recreational, etc.)?
- Save your chart, and present it with 2â€“3 paragraphs containing the following information.
- Which primary energy source does your electric company generate electricity (coal, nuclear, etc.)? How did you find out?
- What changes could you make to decrease your energy use?
- What changes could you make to increase your energy efficiency?
- What do you think would change if your heating oil or coal supply came from Russia?
- What environmental law, currently up for debate before a state or federal government, do you support and why?